STRONG Is The New Skinny
I am surprised and saddened to find that a majority of young girls today continue to believe that starving themselves will promote weight-loss. Not only does starving yourself force your body to store fat, but you will feel weak and moody and are more likely to over-indulge. STRONG is the new skinny. The following are the proper ways to successfully “diet”.
- Before anything else, I suggest that you educate yourself about food and nutrition: find out how many calories your height and weight should be taking in each day. A woman needs anywhere between 1700-2400 calories a day.
- Cut out carbonated beverages – they contain tons of sugar
- Drink water throughout the day – I follow the 8×8 rule
- Make sure to eat breakfast and absolutely do not starve yourself. When I want to shed a few pounds, I keep track of the calories and eat 6 small meals throughout the day. This not only keeps you satisfied, but also increases your metabolism
- Eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean meats. Some of my favorite healthy snacks are oatmeal, sugar-free apple sauce, salt-less almonds, carrots, edamame…my list goes on and on.
- Pick one day where you allow yourself to eat whatever you want. I usually choose Friday or Saturday
- Don’t buy into “diet pills” or “diet drinks”; a multivitamin should be taken daily to supplement any vitamins and minerals your body is lacking.
- Introduce a work-out regime into your day – 30 minutes can make all the difference.
- Most importantly, don’t stress or obsess about your weight – every body-type is different. It is more important how you feel on the inside.