· Pierre de Coubertin is the founder of the modern-day Olympic Games.
· French and English are the official languages of the Olympics.
· London is the first city to ever host the Olympics a total of 3 times.
· The colors of the Olympic flag were chosen because at least one of them appears on the flag of every country in the world. The flag was first flown during the 1920 Olympic Games in Antwerp, Belgium.
· The Olympic flame is a practice dating back from the ancient Olympic Games, representing a number of things, like purity and the endeavor for perfection. The flame first appeared in modern-day Olympics at the 1928 Games in Amsterdam.